This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A Notice from Microsoft

A Notice from Microsoft

Postby Chris Edwards » May 28, 2001 @ 12:29am

"Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation."<br>-- MSN Messenger<br><br>DAMN! just when I was going to give this dude my Credit Card number, MSN reminded me that i shouldn't do it. I'm so glad that they reminded me.~
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Re: A Notice from Microsoft

Postby randall » May 28, 2001 @ 12:42am

LOL. Actually, you'd be amazed at the number of stupid people out there that will give out that type of information.<br><br>AOL members are especially easy targets. Which is probably the reason AOL tries to keep their members corraled within the confines of AOL internet space. They tend to be a naive lot.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » May 28, 2001 @ 1:20am

hey, umm.. In order to receive a credit card, you should have to be able to say no to the following questions:<br><br>Do you use AOL?<br>Do you want to use AOL?<br>Will you ever use AOL?<br><br>Cause anyone that does use AOL is a menace to society and should be hurt.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jaybot » May 28, 2001 @ 7:32pm

My parents and my older brother both use AOL.  It's the choice of the stupid generation :)<br><br>Well, no, that's mean.  They just don't know any better.<br><br>Not that I should talk, I'm stuck with MSN for another 2 years.. but I have a really kick ass TV! :D
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby randall » May 28, 2001 @ 8:18pm

I started out on AOL a few years back, before they had a huge explosion of members. I think there were only 1 million back then. I got rid of the account within a year.<br><br>My parent just got rid of AOL, and love their new cable connection. My brother still uses AOL, because he doesn't know any better.<br><br><>< or fishin' is pretty easy on AOL. IM random people and tell them you are an admin verifying their account and you need their password. It's scary how many people comply.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 28, 2001 @ 9:09pm

i remeber phishin on AOl 3.0 back in the dayz when the prog's were good. Progs like Exorcist 2.0 and Nirvana and crap. Boy Exorcist was awsome you could get the secret screens if somebody told u the codes, :) i knew them all. Havoc was the crap too. boy AOL was fun for like a week.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 29, 2001 @ 3:09pm

AOHell was the only reason I ever had AOL installed on my computer. ;D ;D ;D
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » May 29, 2001 @ 5:15pm

man, i feel left out, I was already aware of the iron fist that AOL has with it's clients, so I went straight to Earthlink, back when they were a tiny dialup operation outta Pasedena I think it was.<br><br>
pm Member

Postby randall » May 29, 2001 @ 5:18pm

LOL, I forgot about AOHell. I'd got pretty good use out of Queso!, FateX, Phaders, Busters, RoomGens...<br><br>I must have been TOS'd at least once a week.<br><br>Last modification: randall - 05/29/01 at 14:18:08
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 29, 2001 @ 9:48pm

well that sure sux for u, thats what got me interested in proggin for VB, the famed oldschool aol progs.
Moose or Chuck

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions