This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Sega Saturn

Sega Saturn

Postby Dan East » May 26, 2001 @ 10:09am

Hey. I just bought a Sega Saturn and a few games at a yardsale for $5. The A/V cable is missing. I have found the pinout on the internet, so it will be easy to make my own cables. Before I go to the trouble, does anyone know if there's a place to buy the original cables for a few bucks? Same with games, are they floating around really cheap?<br>Is the Saturn a decent gaming system? When it was about to come out, and all the hype was going, it looked pretty good. Of course PS blew everything away, which blows my mind, because I don't see how any gaming system that the player spends almost as much time waiting for things to load as they do playing, just so Sony could increase their profit margin by using much cheaper CD-ROMS than cartridges, could be so popular. Boy that was a long sentence. :)<br>Thanks!<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Re: Sega Saturn

Postby Paul » May 26, 2001 @ 10:23am

my cousin had a saturn ages ago. we played virtua cop on it. that was ok i guess. dunno what the other games are like
Paul
pm Insider

Postby suchiaruzu » May 26, 2001 @ 10:44am

Maybe have a look @ Ebay or visit a secondhand shop, a flewmarket or some kind of electroshop
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 12:09pm

hit up Funco Land if you have one in your area, they sell used gaming equipment. And Sega Saturn was awsome. It thad that one game, Nights.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » May 26, 2001 @ 12:35pm

What about an emu? I tried a few. One actually played the sfx / music, but I can't get any to really work. Does a good working Saturn emulator exist? Thanks.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 12:37pm

Sega Saturn kicked everything's ass. Mine broke about 2 years ago though. It's still laying open on my desk from when i tried to fix it. The little red light just keeps pulsating when I turn it on. I want a Sega Saturn for 5 dollars. Virtua Cop was awesome, along with all the other first and second gen games.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 12:39pm

dunno, they have a DC emu so they prolly have a Saturn emu. somewhere...
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 1:04pm

mame has support for up to 4 processors. :/ i mean they've already emu'ed GBA and its not even available in the us. If i were u i'd check #roms on dal-net. They'll know if its emu'ed
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » May 26, 2001 @ 1:05pm

What does a Saturn do when you turn it on with no disc? Black screen, logo, etc? Does it make any sound? Thanks!<br>BTW, it doesn't look like there are any worthwhile emus out there. It appears the Saturn is one of the hardest consoles to emulate, due to its multiple processors ( 8 ), etc.<br><br>Dan East<br><br>Stupid Smilies: Last modification: Dan East - 05/26/01 at 10:05:27
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Matt Keys » May 26, 2001 @ 1:08pm

so where is that saturn emu for the PocketPC....HINT HINT
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 1:10pm

thats comin right after the N64 emu. WHich in theory is possible, i ran an N64 emu on my 586 133 with 32 meg of ram...
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » May 26, 2001 @ 1:49pm

Chuck was right when he said to check out Funcoland. They are owned by another company which also own Electronic Boutique, Software etc. and a few other stores like that. Sometimes you can find used electronic antiquities at those stores as well.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 1:51pm

ya funco land is cool, you can go there and buy a nintendo and like 20 games for like 30 bux. that place rocks
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 2:34pm

Dan, when no CD is in when you turn on a Saturn it will go to the menu screen where you can choose a language, change the clock, check memory, and play music CDs. It's Sega's mini-OS. Hope that helps. Before that it should have the Saturn logo, the circle with an S around it and the word Saturn with a black background I think. It should also make a short beep, or atleast you could hear the ball bearing on the CD drive spin up to check for a CD.<br>Tell me if you find a Saturn emulator. I want it.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 3:28pm

dan you may want to be happy now. http://www.zianet.com/marshallg/ssemu/ link to a good emu, all u do is pop the game in the cd-rom and go. Also, i've found Sega Saturn Iso's all over dalnet, just search for Sega Saturn ISO or roms whatever. :) i'm gettin fighting Vipers right now, and i already have some other game. I can't wait to play :)
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions